Note: These endorsements were not requested nor have I received any compensation. All opinions are strictly my own.
Mrs. Porter’s Favorite Things – School Supplies Edition
· Ticonderoga® Pencils – Seriously, ask any teacher, there truly is no better pencil. You don’t even have to turn them around in the pencil sharpener to get the wood to grind down evenly.
· My First Ticonderoga® - For those who need/prefer a chunkier pencil
· Paper Mate® Clearpoint® Pencils - For your automatic pencil needs. 0.5, 0.7, and 0.9mm lead options
· Large White Pentel® Hi-Polymer Block Erasers - The paper is new again.
· Paper Mate® Ink Joy® Retractable Pens – Offered in an incredible array of colors
· Staedtler Triplus® Fine Tip Pens – Perfect for grading
· Quartet® Liquid Ink Dry-Erase Markers – Chisel tip! Deep colors! Erases well.
· Scotch®600 Transparent Tape – Comes in 1” and 3” core. It truly is clear and is the item that sparked the comment from my colleague.
· Staples® Bright White Laser Paper – Looks and feels crisp. It’s a heavier weight than most printer paper, which makes it stand out.
· WausauTMAstrobrights® Colored Paper – Deeper colors, if I’m using colored paper, it should stand out. You will not find pastel paper in our Media Center
· Tru-Ray® Sulfite Construction Paper – Smooth. None of those weird chunks of fiber you find in other construction papers.
· Staples®Paperclips – I prefer the gold, but metallic is a close second. This applies to both standard and jumbo sizes.
· Sharpie® Accent® Liquid Highlighters – Cap top, not the retractable. Foray® is an acceptable substitute, but Sharpie® is definitely preferred.
· Post-It® Brand Notes – No substitutions here. The size, color, and shape options boggle the mind. I even have templates to print custom notes.
So there you have it, my favorite things. Have fun stocking up!